A Thri-Kreen with no innate psionic abilites has the following traits:
• +2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, –2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, –4 Charisma. Thri-kreen are superior physically, but their alien thinking prevents them from easily grasping higher concepts or dealing well with others.
• Monstrous Humanoid: Thri-kreen are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, thri-kreen have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Thri-kreen base land speed is 40 feet.
• Darkvision out to 60 feet.
• Thri-kreen do not sleep and are immune to sleep spells and similar magical effects. A thri-kreen spellcaster still requires 8 hours of rest before preparing spells.
• +3 Natural Armor: A thri-kreen’s exoskeleton is tough and resistant to blows.
• Multiple Limbs: Thri-kreen have four arms, and thus can take the Multiweapon Fighting feat (page 304 of the Monster Manual) instead of the Two-Weapon Fighting feat. Thri-kreen can also take the Multiattack feat. These are not bonus feats.
• Natural Attacks: Thri-kreen can attack with four claws and a bite. The claws deal 1d4 points of damage, and the bite is a secondary attack that also deals 1d4 points of damage. A thri-kreen can attack with a weapon (or multiple weapons) at its normal attack bonus and make either a bite or claw attack as a secondary attack. For example, a thri-kreen ranger with the Multiweapon Fighting feat who is armed with four short swords could attack with all four swords at a –2 penalty (the normal penalty for fighting with multiple weapons while using light weapons in off hands) and also make a bite attack at a –5 penalty.
• Poison (Ex): Injury (bite), initial damage 1d6 Dex, secondary damage paralysis for 2d6 minutes, DC 11 + the thri-kreen’s Con modifier. A thri-kreen produces enough poison for one bite per day.
• Leap (Ex): Thri-kreen are natural jumpers. They have a +30 racial bonus on all Jump checks.
• Weapon Familiarity: Thri-kreen can treat the gythka and chatkcha (see sidebar) as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
• +4 racial bonus on Hide checks in sandy or arid settings, including the Shaar.
• Racial Feats: Thri-kreen characters gain Deflect Arrows as a bonus feat.
• Automatic Languages: Thri-kreen. Bonus Languages: Common, Shaaran.
• Favored Class: Ranger.
• Level Adjustment: +1.