Ophiuchus As Characters:
- Monstrous Humanoid Type
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +2 Charisma
- Medium size
- An Ophiuchus’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Poison (EX): Ophiuchus' has a poisonous bite that deals initial and secondary damage of 1d4 Con.
- Natural Weapons (Ex): A Ophiuchus's fangs can be used in a bite attack to deliver poison. 1d6 Piercing, 1d8 Piercing when Large Sized.
- Improved Grab (EX): To use this ability, a Ophichius must hit an opponent up to the same size category or smaller with it's natural weapon. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it it establishes a hold and can attempt to constrict the opponent or swallow the opponent in the following round.. .
- Swallow Whole (EX): A Ophiuchus can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of up to one size category smaller by making a successful grapple check. Once inside, the opponent takes 1d6+str (which increases to 1d8 at hd 10) modifier points of crushing damage plus 1d6 points of acid damage per round from the Ophiuchus' digestive juices. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing 25 points of damage to the Ophicius’ digestive tract (AC 10 + 1/2 Nat AC). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out. A Ophicius' gullet can hold 1 small, 4 tiny or smaller creatures . This increases to : 1 medium, 4 small, 8 tiny or smaller creatures when a Ophiuchus grows to large size at HD 10.
- Constrict (EX): A Ophichus deals 1d6+str modifier of damage with a successful grapple check. This increases to 1d8+str modifier when a Ophichus grows to large size at lvl 10 .
- Alternate Form (SU): A creature with this special quality has the ability to assume one or more specific alternate forms. A true seeing spell or ability reveals the creature’s natural form. A creature using alternate form reverts to its natural form when killed, but separated body parts retain their shape. A creature cannot use alternate form to take the form of a creature with a template. An Ophiuchus with this special quality can take the forms of vipers or constrictors of small size to their own current size category. Assuming an alternate form results in the following changes to the creature:
- Large Size: //Upon reaching the 10th HD, Ophiuchus grows to large size, shedding it's skin. The Ophiuchus gains all bonuses and penalties that come with being large sized.
- Unnatural Shape: An Ophiuchus must pay the cost for armor as though they were a size category larger than themselves to sufficiently cover their bodies for protective purposes. As a Non-humanoid creature, that cost must also be paid.
- Natural armor bonus: +2+(2 / 5 HD).
- Automatic Languages: Draconic, Bonus Languages: Common, Elven.
- Level adjustment: +2
page revision: 12, last edited: 07 Sep 2013 19:24