RANDOM LAMIA COMMONER STARTING AGES
LAMIA COMMONER AGING EFFECTS
RANDOM LAMIA COMMONER HEIGHT AND WEIGHT
- Type: Monsterous Humanoid
- Size: Medium
- Abilities: +2 Str, +2 Cha, -2 Int
- Speed: 30 ft/20 ft/20 ft. (Base/Climb/Swim)
- Intimidating: Lamia receive a +2 racial bonus to Intimidate checks due to their frightening nature and appearance.
- Lamia Immunities: Lamia commoners get a +2 racial bonus to saves against mind‑affecting effects.
- Snake Body: Lamia do not possess feet or legs and can’t be tripped. They may not use magic items requiring the feet slot.
- Senses: Lamia commoners have darkvision 60 ft. and low‑light vision.
- Skilled: Lamia receive a +2 racial bonus to Bluff and Use Magic Item checks.
- Spell Resistance: Lamia commoners possess spell resistance equal to 5 plus their class level.
- Spell-Like Abilities: A lamia can cast charm person and ventriloquism each once per day, using his or her class level as the caster level.
- Weapon Familiarity: Lamia commoners are naturally proficient with the scimitar.
- Languages: Lamia begin play speaking Common and Draconic. Those with high Intelligence can choose any additional bonus languages, with Abyssal being the most typical.
Alternative Racial Traits
- Constrict: A lamia with this racial trait gains the constrict special attack, allowing the lamia to deal bludgeoning damage when he or she makes a successful grapple check (in addition to any other effects caused by a successful check, including additional damage). The amount of damage equals 1d6 plus the lamia’s Strength bonus (if any). This replaces the intimidating racial trait.
- Deceiver: All lamia are skilled manipulators and deceivers, although some truly excel in these skills. Such lamia are also harder for others to deceive. Lamia with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus to Bluff and Diplomacy checks and a +1 racial bonus to Sense Motive checks. This replaces the skilled racial trait.
- Fanged: Occasionally, a lamia is born with sharp, snake‑like fangs, granting a bite attack. This is a primary natural attack that deals 1d4 piercing damage. Wounds caused by these fangs continue to bleed, inflicting 1 point of extra damage each round at the start of the affected creature’s turn. This bleeding can be stopped by a successful DC 15 Heal skill check or through the application of any magical healing. This racial trait replaces the weapon familiarity racial trait.
- Magic Resistant: Some lamia are particularly resistant to magic. Lamia with this racial trait gain increased spell resistance. This spell resistance is equal to 7 + the lamia’s character level. This racial trait replaces the spell resistance and intimidating racial traits.
- Mystical Tattoo: Many lamia have mystical lunar symbols tattooed on their bodies, usually on their chest and/or forearms. For unknown reasons, these tattoos occasionally acquire actual spiritual power. Lamia with this racial trait gain a +1 luck bonus to all saving throws. This replaces the intimidating racial trait.
- Persuasive Magic: Lamia with this racial trait are treated as 1 level higher when casting spells of the Enchantment school. This racial trait replaces the intimidating racial trait.
- Racial Enmity: Lamia have long hated the creatures they refer to as the gesh’ vek (“false lamia”). Lamia with this racial trait receive a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls against any of these false lamia. This racial trait replaces the skilled racial trait.
- Wisdom Damage: Some lamia commoners are born with just a touch of their lamia matriarch’s wisdom drain ability. As a supernatural ability, such lamia can deal 1d4 Wisdom damage three times per day with a successful melee touch attack. This racial trait replaces the lamia immunities and weapon familiarity traits.
You have learned to tap into a bit of the advanced magical abilities normally found only in lamia matriarchs.
Prerequisites: Lamia, base Will save +4.
Benefit: You may use deep slumber and suggestion each once per day as spell‑like abilities with a caster level equal to your character level.
Your inherent ability to cast charm person is more powerful than normal.
Benefit: You may use your charm person racial spell‑like ability two additional times per day. In addition, you receive a +2 bonus to the spell’s saving throw DC and a +2 bonus to caster level checks to overcome a creature’s spell resistance. These bonuses stack with feats like Spell Focus and Spell Penetration.
The blood of snakes runs particularly thick in your veins, granting you their senses.
Benefit: You can rapidly flick out your tongue, which is long and forked like that of a snake, effectively giving you the Scent ability.
Your eyes are even more snake‑like than normal for your race, giving you a frightening and unsettling appearance.
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to Intimidate checks made to demoralize. If the Intimidate check is successful, the subject is shaken for 1 additional round.
Your nature makes you adept at summoning snakes to do your bidding.
Prerequisites: Lamia, ability to cast summon nature’s ally or summon monster.
Benefit: You may cast summon nature’s ally or summon monster as a standard action when summoning snakes. These snakes gain temporary hit points equal to your caster level. You can also increase the level of summoning required by one to apply either the advanced or the giant template, or increase it by two to apply both the advanced and giant templates.
Speak With Snakes
You can speak with and understand snakes.
Benefit: You are treated as if you are under the effects of a continuous speak with animals spell that affects only snakes.
Favored Class Bonuses
- Druid: Select one domain power at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the druid’s Wisdom modifier. The druid adds 1/2 to the number of uses per day of that domain power. For lamia druids whose nature bond gives them an animal companion, add +1 skill rank to the animal companion. If the lamia ever replaces the animal companion, the new companion gains these bonus skill ranks.
- Fighter: Add +1 to the fighter’s CMD when resisting a bull rush, grapple, or overrun.
- Oracle: Add one spell known from the oracle spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the lamia oracle can cast.
- Ranger: Add DR 1/magic to the ranger’s animal companion. Each time the ranger selects this benefit, the DR/magic increases by +1/2 (maximum DR 10/magic). If the lamia ever replaces the animal companion, the new companion gains this DR.
- Rogue: Add a +1/2 bonus to Bluff and Use Magic Device checks.
- Sorcerer: Select one bloodline power at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the sorcerer’s Charisma modifier. The sorcerer adds +1/2 to the number of uses per day of that bloodline power.
- Witch: Add one spell from the witch spell list to the lamia witch’s familiar. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level he or she can cast. If the witch ever replaces the familiar, the new familiar knows these bonus spells.