If you would like to play a Dryad character the following changes are in effect:
Dryads As Characters:
- Fey Type
- +8 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, +8 Charisma
- Medium size
- A dryad’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision.
- Tree Meld (Su): A dryad can meld with any tree, similar to how the spell meld into stone functions. She can remain melded with a tree as long as she wishes.
- Tree Dependent (Su): A dryad is mystically bonded to a single, enormous tree and must never stray more than 300 yards from it. Most dryad trees are oak trees, but other trees function as well (often having subtle influences on a specific dryad's personality and appearance). A dryad who moves 300 yards beyond her bonded tree immediately becomes sickened. Every hour thereafter, she must make a DC 15 Fortitude save to resist becoming nauseated for an hour. A dryad that is out of range of her bonded tree for 24 hours takes 1d6 points of Constitution damage, and another 1d6 points of Constitution damage every day that follows—eventually, this separation kills the dryad. A dryad can forge a new bond with a new tree by performing a 24-hour ritual and making a successful DC 20 Will save.
- Wild Empathy (Su): This works like the druid's wild empathy class feature, except the dryad has a +6 racial bonus on the check. Dryads with druid levels add this racial modifier to their wild empathy checks.
- Spell-like abilities: Speak with plants (constant), At will—entangle, tree shape, [wood shape (1 lb. only)], 3/day—charm person, deep slumber, tree stride, 1/day—suggestion. All DC's are Cha-based.
- Woodcraft (Ex): A dryad has a +6 racial bonus to Craft checks involving wood, and is always treated as if she had masterwork artisan's woodworking tools when making such checks.
- Natural armor bonus: +3.
- Damage reduction: 5/cold iron.
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan, Bonus Languages: Common, Elven.
- Level adjustment: +3 (PB 10)
page revision: 30, last edited: 07 Sep 2013 19:23