A construct is an animated object or artificially created creature. A construct has the following features.
- D10 Hit Die
- Base attack bonus equal to total HD.
- No good saving throws but gains a resistance bonus on saving throws equal to ½ their total racial HD.
- Skill points equal to 2 + Int modifier (minimum 1) per Hit Die. However, most constructs are mindless and gain no skill points or feats. Constructs do not have any class skills, regardless of their Intelligence scores.
Traits: A construct possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature's entry).
- Low-light vision.
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- Immunity to bleed, disease, death effects, negative energy effects, paralysis, poison, and sleep effects.
- Cannot heal damage on its own, but often can be repaired via exposure to a certain kind of effect (see the creature's description for details) or through the Craft Construct feat. Constructs can also be healed through spells such as make whole. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality. Constructs cannot possess the regeneration special ability.
- Not subject to ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, energy drain, or nonlethal damage.
- Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
- Constructs automatically succeed on Constitution checks to stabilize. Constructs with less than 1 hit point gain the Broken condition and suffer a -2 penalty to all attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, saving throws, armor class, and saving throw DCs for their abilities.
- A construct cannot be raised or resurrected but can be rebuilt using the Craft Construct feat at half the cost to create them (or 500 gp per HD if no value is specified).
- Constructs that are generally humanoid in form and capable of wielding weapons are treated as proficient with all simple and martial weapons.
- Constructs do not breathe, eat, or sleep.
Notes: As a rough conversion, existing Constructs (such as animated objects, golems, etc) have a base Constitution score based on their size and increase their Constitution score by +1/3 their total HD.
Fine: 6; Diminutive: 8; Tiny: 10; Small: 12; Medium: 14; Large: 16; Huge: 18; Gargantuan: 20; Colossal: 22